San Jose Estate Lawyer
San Jose Estate Planning and Probate Law Firm
I am attorney Sue Campbell. At my San Jose law firm, I focus my practice entirely on helping California families build a road map for their future through effective trust and estate planning and probate services.
Every family is unique and faces different challenges. As an estate planning attorney, I aim to tailor all of my estate planning services to every person's individual needs. I will work with you to establish legal documents that provide a framework for your family's future, including:
- Creating wills and trusts, including trusts for children with special needs
- Planning for disability, including establishing durable powers of attorney and physician directives
- Avoiding the need for probate by setting up joint tenancy, revocable living trusts, or community property
- Establishing conservatorships and guardianships to ensure that your family is taken care of after you are gone
- Obtaining tax law advantages through pre-death gifts and other estate tax planning services
- Ensuring that your family's needs are met through blended family estate planning and representation for out-of-state clients
As your San Jose estate attorney, I will personally guide you through each step of the estate planning process. Learn more about the estate planning process.
If you and your family recently lost a loved one, I can assist with careful and compassionate probate and trust administration. If the estate is subject to probate — the process in which the court supervises the distribution of an estate — I will use my knowledge to help you in every step of the process.
Assisting Designated Trustees
For people designated as trustees of an estate, I offer my legal guidance to assist them through a sometimes long and confusing process. I help trustees fulfill their obligations, including assisting with the accounting for the estate's assets and taxes, and distribution of all assets as designated by the trust.
Free Consultation With an Estates Lawyer
For a free consultation with an experienced Santa Clara trust attorney, contact me to set up an appointment. Feel free to call my office at 408-277-0648 or contact me by e-mail. Early morning and evening appointments are available by request.
My office in downtown San Jose is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. I offer free parking located directly adjacent to my office.